EMPOWERING 21st Century Learners
2463 Augusta Hwy
Lexington, SC 29072
(803) 821-3400 Main
(803) 821-3403 Fax
Melissa Rawl, Principal
* Palmetto Gold School Award * Palmetto’s Finest School winner * National Blue Ribbon School *
Lexington County School District One
Motto: “Enter to Learn; Leave to Serve”
Mission: The mission of Lexington High School, where excellence is the standard, is to develop lifelong learners who meet the demands of a global society. In partnership with parents, students, educators, and community members, Lexington High School will provide curriculum and instruction that encourage both diversity and unity, develop integrity and character, and promote initiative and collegiality among our students.
Vision: Our graduates are confident in academics, sophisticated in learning, accomplished in 21st century skills, global in orientation and prepared as leaders and citizens of our democracy.
– Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
– Student learning is the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
– Students will become self-directed, lifelong learners by engaging in activities that stimulate critical thinking and require practical application of their knowledge.
– Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning and assessment activities to accommodate cultural differences, varying abilities and learning styles.
– The role of a teacher is to facilitate learning by providing standards-based instruction that actively engages students and encourages the production of quality work.
– A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning and enhances positive relationships between students and staff.
– Teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for advancing
Hail to Thee, our Alma Mater,
When we sing thy praise.
Hail to Thee, our Alma Mater,
We our voices raise.
To our school we pledge our hearts,
Faith and loyalty.
Always to, our Alma Mater,
Hail, all hail to Thee.
Please visit our Student & Parent Info Page for more information on school policies and procedures.
Lexington County School District One’s Nondiscrimination Statement (Revised 07-29-2017)
Lexington County School District One does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, genetic information or age in admission to, access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities.
The following people have been designated to handle inquiries or complaints. Chief Human Resources Officer Michael L. Stacey handles inquiries/complaints regarding Title IX, inquiries/complaints regarding Title II with respect to employees and/or public access to buildings and grounds, and inquiries/complaints involving the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Inquiries/complaints regarding IDEA for students K–12 go to Director of Special Services Wendy Balough, Ed.D. Inquiries/complaints regarding Section 504 for students K–12 go to Director of School Counseling and Advisement Zan Tracy Pender. Inquiries/complaints regarding Title II implementation go to Coordinator of Title II Part A Dianne Steelman.
Contact these people if you have questions regarding these issues at 100 Tarrar Springs Road, Lexington, SC 29072 and telephone number 803-821-1000.