EMPOWERING 21st Century Learners
2463 Augusta Hwy
Lexington, SC 29072
(803) 821-3400 Main
(803) 821-3403 Fax
Melissa Rawl, Principal
Lexington County School District One
Motto: “Enter to Learn; Leave to Serve”
Mission: The mission of Lexington High School, where excellence is the standard, is to develop lifelong, 21st century learners who meet the demands of a global society. In partnership with parents, students, educators, and community members, Lexington High School will provide curriculum and instruction that encourage both diversity and unity, develop integrity and character, and promote initiative and collegiality among our students.
Vision: Our graduates are confident in academics, sophisticated in learning, accomplished in 21st century skills, global in orientation and prepared as leaders and citizens of our democracy.
– Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
– Student learning is the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
– Students will become self-directed, lifelong learners by engaging in activities that stimulate critical thinking and require practical application of their knowledge.
– Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning and assessment activities to accommodate cultural differences, varying abilities and learning styles.
– The role of a teacher is to facilitate learning by providing standards-based instruction that actively engages students and encourages the production of quality work.
– A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning and enhances positive relationships between students and staff.
– Teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for advancing
* Palmetto Gold School Award * Palmetto’s Finest School winner * National Blue Ribbon School *
Lexington County School District One’s Nondiscrimination Statement
Lexington County School District One does not discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in admission to, access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities.
The following people have been designated to handle inquiries or complaints The Chief Human Resources Officer handles inquiries/complaints regarding Title IX. The Director of Middle Schools handles inquiries/complaints regarding Section 504. The Mathematics Coordinator handles inquiries/complaints regarding Title II.
Contact these people if you have questions regarding these issues at 100 Tarrar Springs Road, Lexington, SC 29072 and telephone number (803) 821-1000.
El Distrito Escolar Uno del Condado de Lexington no discrimina por motivo de raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, incapacidad ó edad en la admisión a, el acceso a, el trato en, o empleo en sus programas y actividades.
Las siguientes personas han sido designadas para atender investigaciones o quejas: El Director de Recursos Humanos atenderá las investigaciones o quejas relacionadas con el Título IX. El Director de Escuelas Medias atenderá las investigaciones o quejas relacionadas con la Sección 504. El Coordinador de Matemáticas atenderá las investigaciones o quejas relacionadas con el Título II.
Comuníquese con estas personas si tiene preguntas sobre estos temas al: 100 Tarrar Springs Road, Lexington, SC 29072, ó al número de teléfono (803) 821-1000.