School Improvement Councils (SICs) serve the school principals and faculty in an advisory role, bringing together parents, educators, students and community stake holders to collaborate on the improvement of their school. SICs are mandated by law to exist in every public school in South Carolina. Over 15,000 people, consisting of elected parents, teachers and students, appointed community members and other volunteers, and school administrators serve on 1,164 SICs in the Palmetto State.
School Improvement Councils:
- Assist in the development of the school’s five year improvement plan.
- Assist the school in monitoring and evaluating the plan’s implementation and help to update the plan each year.
- Write the Annual Report to Parents – released by April 30 of each year to the school community.
- Advise on the spending of incentive funds awarded to the school.
- Advise on the revision of the school improvement plan if the school is rated “At-Risk” on their school report card.
Parents of students in the school, teachers, and students in grades 9-12 are elected to the SIC by their peers.
“Become involved. Everyone has something to contribute. We all have special knowledge, experiences, and resources to share.”
LHS SIC Meeting Minutes for the 2016-2017 School Year
LHS SIC Meeting Minutes for the 2015-2016 School Year
February 22, 2016 Meeting Minutes
January 25, 2016 Meeting Minutes
December 1, 2015 Meeting Minutes
October 26, 2015 Meeting Minutes
September 21, 2015 Meeting Minutes
Parent Ambassador Workshop 11-14-2013
LHS SIC Meeting Dates for 2014-15 School Year
The Annual Report to Parents is issued by the LHS School Improvement Council in accordance with South Carolina law to share information on the school’s progress in meeting various goals and objectives, the work of the SIC, and other accomplishments during the school year.
LHS SIC 2016-2017 Annual Report to Parents
LHS SIC 2015-2016 Annual Report to Parents
LHS SIC 2014-2015 Annual Report to Parents
LHS SIC 2013-2014 Annual Report to Parents
LHS SIC 2012-2013 Annual Report to Parents